Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Carpet Must GO!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Carpet Must GO!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted
I totally despise carpeting, especially in a motorhome. My carpet wasn't in real bad shape but it is 21 years old. A few weeks I got my Barth, my Mom had the tile in her new house cleaned. Since the guy was there I tossed him $20 and had him hit my carpet. It cleaned up good but there was still lots of dust coming out of the carpet. I stumbled across a killer deal on a 10x12 piece of Armstrong vinyl flooring. Time for the carpet to go bye bye.

Before pix

Carpet removed

21 years of Arizona dust hiding out. No wonder I couldn't get rid of the dust.

Clean and fresh, no more dust!

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
That looks good. It really brightens it up.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The title of this thread reminds me of the last words of Oscar Wilde:

"Either this wallpaper goes, or I do!"

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Looks good Bones!!! But given a choice I'd have rather done the genny carb as that woulda been alot easier..... LOL

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I was dreading tearing into the genny but it turned out to be easier than I expected. I have so much trouble with lawn mowers, I figured the Kohler would be more of the same. I just never mastered small engine fine tuning. I have more incentive to learn the generator engine since I CANNOT go without coffee in the morning.

Really the flooring wasn't too bad to install, just around the cabinet curves got kinda tricky. Slow and steady wins the race.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Looks great Bones and even Arizona dust wont penetrate now! Thumbs Up

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
It looks great. Janet (her Barth) removed all the carpet from our coach. Replaced the compartment covering with new carpet and laminated wood flooring for main floor. It looks fabulous. I'll have to post some pictures.

We found the same pile of sand under the carpet. Smiler

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
w/ “FRED” FRont End Diesel
Chevy 6.2 L diesel

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post