Reply To This Topic

Walls and 'valences'
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Roy, do you. by chance, remember GRG, the military plug valve grease?

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/grg.aspx
Series 2000 Synthetic Racing Grease, NLGI #2, GC/LB (GRG)
AMSOIL Series 2000 Synthetic Racing Grease helps protect wheel bearings and chassis from the dangerous, damaging heat created by hot pavement, huge engines and the unceasing friction of intense speed. It is ideal for all high-temperature/high-speed applications.
See Pricing Information or Place an Order

Package sizes include:

14-oz. Cartridge
14-oz. Cartridges (case of 10)
14-oz. Cartridges (case of 40)
35-lb. Lug
120-lb. Keg

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
GRG, the military plug valve grease

http://www.lubchem.com/valvseal.html#lubrseal26
quote:
Formasil CO2 - Valve Sealant

Description

Valve lubricant/sealant that meets Mil-G-6032 "Grease Plug Valve, Gasoline & Oil Resistant". Formasil CO2 is designed for use in gate valves as a lubricant/sealant and in ball and plug valves as a sealant. Formasil CO2 is resistant to acids, caustic solutions, and is inhibited for use in H2S and/or CO2. This product has excellent dual resistance to water and petroleum products such as gasoline, jet fuel, lubricating oils, and mixtures of these products. Formasil CO2 can be used in a wide variety of applications from the wellhead to pipelines.

Features

* Water insoluble and washout resistant
* 100% synthetic
* Inhibited for H2S and CO2
* Temperature range: 15° to 400°F

Product Code - FCO2
http://www.melanconenergy.com/...alants/emergency.htm
quote:
Melancon No. 536 (Meets Mil-G-6032) "Grease Plug Valve, Gasoline & Oil Resistant"
Multi-purpose valve lube sealant for Gasoline, Jet Fuel, Aviation Gasoline, Natural Gas, Organic Acids & Caustic Solutions. Inhibited for H2S (sour gas) and CO2. Formulated for Plug, Ball & Gate Valves.
Temperature Range: -40 F to 400 F

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
WOW! Thanks for the quick suggestions.

Has anyone used the Amsoil GRG? The military stuff I have is way stiffer than any bearing grease I have seen. Combining that with the heat resistance of the original product would give me concern about the ability of the grease to maintain contact with the bearing surfaces.

We used a synthetic bearing grease on the airliners, but it was much thinner than the military GRG.

Perhaps the Amsoil product is thinner than the military version.

A lot of Amsoil products are relabeled from other sources. I guess the trick would be to find out which one.

How about the Formasil? Is it thick and tenacious?

quote:
Originally posted by garryp:
Re-enlist?

They said I was too cranky.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dick, you sure as hell are cranky. One quote would have been too much, as the original was just one post back, but why any quotes? Shall I quote it a dozen times to get added emphasis?

sorry! I say "sorry" about the double quote somehow this new fangled machine just sent it twice

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
hey, you know, my computer has been doing the same thing, come to think about it, come to think of it. Did that to me on an email I sent today.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post