Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Banks Power Packs for Cummins 8.3
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Does anyone out there know why the Banks Power Packs for the Cummins 8.3 start with the 1993 year. The early ones are turbocharged just like the 1993 and newer. I called Banks and got some lady, supposedly in the tech department, who told me that 1993 was the first year and she didn't know why it would not fit earlier engines. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Clint

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Could have to do with the injector pump. I believe the Dodge pickup used the rotory pump and in '93 switched to Bosch. If you have a Bosch pump you can use the stuff. We have a '92 and it may be a '91 engine with a Bosch pump and it has a Banks intake manifold and waste gate turbo charger.

OOPS!! Rechecked your post and you are talking the 8.3C engine. Sorry.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary:

Thanks for your reply. I suspected that it was associated with the engine mounted hardware rather than the engine itself. What you say makes sense.

I will go after Banks and see if I can get to someone who can confirm this type of situation. I would be prepared to upgrade a pump to get a stinger kit on my 8.3. An extra 50 HP with matching torque increases will make a considerable difference on the hilly terain in my area.

Clint

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post