Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Regency electrical compartment.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regency electrical compartment.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Redid the electrical compartment on the Regency with new relays.
Mwrench was right about my alternator problem and after having it properly wired into the isolator all charging problems appear to be gone.
We leave for Arizona in a few days so a lot is riding on a cure.
Just didn't want to live with those old mechanical relays anymore.

OK! On edit I just gotta say my pic on Photobucket was NOT upside down! Don't know why it came out that way here??
Boy I love computers!

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I lust for wiring that looks so nice. Superman
My Barth stuff isn't too bad but the GM stuff is pretty marginal and scattered all over. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5185 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Now that's purdy!!

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me what the resistor is wired to? Mine is not connected and it probably should be.
Thanks

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about that, too. (It looks like an ignition coil ballast resistor for a gasoline engine... or maybe a propane generator?)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5185 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
I don't understand it, but it sure is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like most of the stuff in that compartment, I have no idea what that ballast is for. It looks just like the one that was on my wife's 66 Mustang.
If you notice not all of the relays are labelled either. I'm working on it and will try and find out.
By the way, who turned the pic right side up? When I posted it the pic was upside down! Honest!
Actually, I'm surprised that this post worked. I got to the Barth photobucket account by clicking on the link in my email confirmation from photobucket, not the link in the "reply to this topic" box. That one doesn't work. But, I was on my IPad and there was no picture shown, just the img clickable line. I then pasted the line and sent the post and the pic showed up!
I don't get computers either.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Don. Where did you get the new relays?

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Great job Don, Have a safe trip to AZ, maybe we will see you later next year, if you are still there at the end of March when I go to Texas Mile again, we will definitely stop by.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Now that's purdy!!

DITTO!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nice work! Thumbs Up

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
The resistor cuts the voltage to the dash lights to 6Volts for some reason. I always had very dim dash lights, did away with the resistor and they are much brighter.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the electrical work was done by PC Auto Electric in Port Colborne Ontario. Really good shop. They know what they are doing. They supplied the relays and come from Pico of Canada ltd.
http://www.picocanada.com/en/product/928.php

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
Nice job, Don. Where did you get the new relays?

These are general-purpose relays. The NAPA/Echlin AR274 (this was chosen for my headlights, due to having two output terminals; there is another model with one, for a small savings) are compatible, and Bosch offers the W0133-1637943 and a couple more similar. I don't know if there have been changes since Tyco makes them now.

They are very common, and have typical ratings of 30A.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rusty.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post