Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    replacing my carpet too!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

replacing my carpet too!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
I started on this project about 2 months before the Milford GTG in April. Did nothing for the last 5 months, decide to attack the lack this week. Now I've removed the sofa, drivers & passenger seats, doghouse, frame for doghouse, toilet,all the carpet on the cabinet storage walls under sofa & beds. I think thats it. I had a lot of dirt under the carpet nothing like Bones Arizona dust. I could have gone another 10 or 15 yrs to catch up with him.

I had to build a little frame behind the toilet to receive the laminate floor that's going in the kitchen through to the bathroom. Carpet from the den to the front. I've had a chance to clean up wiring under the dash with the front seat out. I thought taking the toilet out was going to be a bear. It was a piece of cake. I've probably removed 1000 staples. Using vice grips & a pair of needle nose pliers.

I've seen the flooring laid side t side & front to back. Does anyone have reasons to do it one way or the other???

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've seen the flooring laid side t side & front to back. Does anyone have reasons to do it one way or the other???

Tere
Most times strip flooring is layed along the longest dimension.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Just like you Nick: Trying to dress her up before the GTG in May to show us up! If you are putting in new carpet make sure all your pieces run the same way so the nap of the carpet will be in the same direction. The carpet is loomed with the pile running along the roll instead of across and you want to be sure and run all strips the same direction. It means more waste but you won't have the nap laying in opposite directions.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post