Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Upgrade and Improvements Format Suggestions
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Upgrade and Improvements Format Suggestions
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Because many forum members don't have much experience in motorhomes, or mechanical aptitude, I recommend that U&I "How-To" posters try to make the threads as usable as possible for folks who want to try it.

1. Avoid run-on sentences like the above Big Grin

2. Use the Enter key to break up lengthy paragraphs

3. Where possible, number and break down the narrative into sequential steps

4. Take photos where possible, and insert at the corresponding step, or, if the photos are at the end, key them to each numbered step.

If photos are blurry or poorly exposed, you can email to Bill N Y or me as we have applications that can make many adjustments. I can use my astro-photo processing apps to improve out-of focus shots in some cases. The same applies if you're having trouble resizing or posting images.

5. List and show photos of tools where possible; some folks don't know what a box-end wrench or a flare-nut wrench is. If a special tool was needed, please indicate its name and where you got it.

6. List part numbers for all parts used, and where you got them. Prices are also welcomed.

7. And if you're one who has questions about a particular thread, please post your question rather than sending a PM. Questions can be helpful to other viewers

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of #1 Barth
posted Hide Post
I just recently purchased my first BARTH.

Its in pretty good shape however I have realized I missed an awful lot on the underneth as far as rust and supports are concerned.

This is not a real big deal as I am pretty handy with sheet metal stainless steel and aluminm products and weld.

I do want to document the process and have tremendous amounts of pictures. Is there a way to upload lots of pictures?

Posts: 11 | Location: Atlanta GA | Member Since: 08-26-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
In the General forum the first topic listed is "How did you do that?" Check out the thread on photobucket... (also look right below the message box in the "Post a reply" window)

I wish I'd read this before I did all my posts... I hope I did Ok ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

BTW, if you're repairing existing parts, please post under Tech Talk; if you're upgrading or improving on the Barth structure,then post here.

When you make a post, the popup window has instructions at the bottom to upload to the Barthmobile Photobucket site. If you encounter problems uploading there you can send as email attachments to Bill N Y or me.

If you can, resizing photos to 200K or less will speed up the transfer.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcarguy
posted Hide Post
My Barth is a 93 ranger diesel. I have had for a year and, most of us would like to keep it this great coach as original as possible.
Small items such as barrel lock latches on the storage doors and various hardware are tough to get.Is someone sitting on a treasure of out of production parts?

Posts: 7 | Location: Oakhurst,ca | Member Since: 07-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Do you have a data tag number for your coach? I was not aware of any "Ranger diesel" Barth. If we know which coach and chassis you have it is easier to get good answers.

You might try this other forum on the site:

Swap Meet Central
A place to look for the items you need, a place to get rid of the some of the stuff you don't. You may also request something that you're looking for.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
dcarguy,

This might help with the locks:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/9541028223

Quinn

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums! You probably have a Breakaway; the data tag (on the bulkhead behind the driver's seat) would confirm.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcarguy:
My Barth is a 93 ranger diesel. I have had for a year and, most of us would like to keep it this great coach as original as possible.
Small items such as barrel lock latches on the storage doors and various hardware are tough to get.Is someone sitting on a treasure of out of production parts?

Did the Ranger come from a tag saying Barth Rangers? Like others I am not aware of a Ranger version. A search about the locks should provide an answer, I think this has been addressed along with the air lifts.
Welcome aboard.
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post