Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

TV Nightmare
 Login now/Join our community

posted
TV Nightmare

I have a 12-volt TV and it has go out three times. Each time I have had it repaired. I have look on the barth site and was impressed with some of the installations that you have done with the new LED TVs. My problem is that if I try to start my generator or turn the TV off when I have a CD running the TV louses all power and will not work any more. So I have to get it repair again. I have a 5 amp fuse inline to the battery but it never stops the surge. So what I would like to do is to put a new TV system in like the ones I have seen on the site. But I have no knowledge about how to do it. I need step by step instruction for this kind of installation. And recommendations of what TV is best for this new system. Any and all help would be vary much appreciated. Thanks Patrick Mogan a member of the Barth club

Posts: 11 | Location: california | Member Since: 05-07-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There is a great how-to here with links to other installations.

As far as what TV, an LED TV draws the least power. Rather than a 12VDC TV, a small (300 watt) inverter will power the TV and CD nicely.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Rusty. Simple and good.

Posts: 11 | Location: california | Member Since: 05-07-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post