Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Monarch panel upgrade
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
You have room at the bottom center for Transmission Temp!

I was sitting here looking at mine and your picture. Thinking what is he missing? Now is the time to pull those wires.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Looks real nice Thumbs Up

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
A retired moniker from the Commander Club, "Gaugey", should be bestowed. A paraphrase, If it is not measured it isn't known.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Work continues on the panel project. I finally have all the wires for my cable. In addition to the 1/4 air line for the boost gauge, I have a custom 3 wire extension cable for the Speedhut EGT gauge. I ran two 16 gauge wires for forward control of the preoiler pump and the coolant circulation pump for my cab heat. They will have switches on the instrument panel wired to power relays in the rear. I decided to run two extra 16 gauge wires for future use. Future gauges/switches will be easier to install then.

The harness is a bit over 40ft in length. I had some wire around but had to purchase some for the cable bundle. Like everything, prices have gone way up. The last time I bought 100ft rolls of 16 gauge wire they were $25 each at my local auto parts. Went up to $.69 by the foot, over $50 for a roll. Ordered some on Ebay for $25-28 a roll. If you buy wire be careful to check for copper content. Many of the rolls I found online were "CCA type" ie Copper Clad Aluminum, much cheaper. For stationary interior use, ie speaker wires, CCA is probably ok but in vehicles with vibration and corrosion concerns I wanted pure copper.

I have the cable laid out, taped together and ready to pull finally. Soon to install and connect I hope. Fortunately I have a fish rope in place from when I pulled the new heater hoses through a while back. Should be easy to drag the new cable through. Having the full length floor heat plenum was a huge advantage on this coach. Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Should be easy to drag the new cable through. Having the full length floor heat plenum was a huge advantage on this coach. Mechanic

Yeah sure rub it in head bang
That I don’t have that nice duct to run stuff through. You will have those gauges working shortly.

Midnight is on vacation so I have a chance to get some of my other stuff done at home.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Foolishly, I did not get the gauge wires installed before I left Florida. In the 90's almost too hot. The trip home started with AC and ended with heaters runnning. Other than a bad connection in a cruise control connector, no problems on the way home.

It snowed two days before we got home but has not since we returned. Mostly sunny days but cooler than I like. I got my pontoon boat operational last weekend and I will get my fishing boat out in the next couple days.

I am just now getting back to coach projects. I have a few things lined up if it ever warms up a bit more. I will finish the gauge installation so I can begin tweaking the engine a bit, I would like to get back to the insulation project, too.

Have Barth, at home Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post