Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New floor covering
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted
Begun last week, the journey continues. Plan on installing vinyl plank and new carpet up front. Sofa and dinette will be re-fitted with new matching material as well. Boy there are lots of staples on the edges of the foam underlayment. Carpet was held down by strips.

Just the start.

More to come....

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Progress

Hopefully trim and carpet tomorrow.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very impressive work!

I admire the speed in your progress.

Posts: 33 | Location: midwest | Member Since: 05-05-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Wow that looks great, I like the commode location although I think I would turn it around. Click

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice work, thanks for the photos. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ~Mac~:
Very impressive work!

I admire the speed in your progress.

FOR SURE Thumbs Up

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
sure looks good. Plus I second the placement of the potty. No more restrooms stops Wink sorry could not resist.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
As long as it had one of those 'soft' seats. Big Grin

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Ha ha! Well, work got delayed and I'll be working on it today finally. We've had lots of rain lately and I need to work outside with the spray glue for the new carpet on the dog houses. Our 4 1/2 year old grandson was curious about "Why is the potty up here?" questions... which led to a wonderful instructional 'tour' of the holding tank system, flashlight in hand. He's very bright and his father is a mechanical engineer, so I think the genetics are right for him to learn all about the Barth. It may be his someday, after all. Smiler

Pics to follow, promise. Thanks for all words of encouragement.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Well, the rains let up and I got to finish the work on the stairwell. The new carpet up front is in and the seats are back in place. I wish I had taken a photo before they were bolted back in to show the rest of the carpet, but I forgot. We don't miss the shag carpeting one bit!

I used self-stick vinyl planks from Lowes after brushing the plywood floor with Henry floor prep. The vinyl seems to stick on the floor well, but on the vertical surfaces they would droop on hot days. I nailed along the edges and then covered the nail heads with the aluminum strips and angles. On the step-up to the front captain's chairs, I plan to remove the vertical vinyl and replace with an 8' cherry board being planed down by a local Amish custom mill.

The sofa is apart and another Amish-man has the new material to make the new covers with. Almost there.

photo padding_zpse0bf65b5.jpg

Picture showing the frugal use of small carpet padding scraps.

photo Staples_zps01836ed6.jpg

Picture showing incredible amount of staples used to hold down padding.

photo newcarpet_zps7c9f5281.jpg

photo frontcarpetdetail_zpsd814d9be.jpg

New floor coverings up front.

photo newsteps_zpsd563553d.jpg

photo stepsdetail_zpsd951ea96.jpg

Stairwell finished.

1989 22' Regal

Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Well, new seat coverings are under way. I spoke with the man who is doing the new covers and I should have them by Thursday. Meanwhile, I'm recovering the frames.

photo dinetteseat_zps3d1dd97c.jpg

photo dinetteseat2_zps9604506a.jpg

1989 22' Regal

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to the final product. You will have a very fine interior indeed! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
I am (in turn) looking forward to seeing that new engine in place! You will likely have the closest thing to a Barth 'Hot-Rod' that anyone here has ever seen. I think orange and purple flames should be part of the exterior motif should you decide to tackle a re-paint... Smiler

1989 22' Regal

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am looking forward to the final product.

Me Too! Looking fantastic, great choice of colors, you did a awesome job on the front carpet and the floor of course.

My couch needs to be recovered, like yours my framework is in great condition just need new covering.

NICE!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk & Elise:
I am (in turn) looking forward to seeing that new engine in place! You will likely have the closest thing to a Barth 'Hot-Rod' that anyone here has ever seen. I think orange and purple flames should be part of the exterior motif should you decide to tackle a re-paint... Smiler

Don't forget Bill h has a torque monster 502! He has a 31 ft and more low end torque, probably get me off the line... but I think the 454 has more top end so I might get him there! Superman

Hmm, flames and fuzzy dice... might work. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp