Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

cruise control
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted
has anyone had experience with add on cruise? I have on that was sold by sears and it a auto cruise plus but it does not specify motor home just light truck. However neither does anyone else i can find? OPINION??????

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Richard & Robin:
Prior to moving back to Florida I had "THE TOY" in the shop, (I'm not not a wrench turner), and one of the items was to fix the cruise control. It was suggested to replace instead of repairing. We installed a dash mounted control which I like much better, easy to reach and see and the indicater light lets
you know whats going on. It came from JC Whitney, Audiovox
Electronic Cruise Control...$ 155.99. If you have a catalog it is on page 122. If not, send me your e-Mail address and I'll snap and send you a photo........... carl.flack@comcast.net .......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
If the cruise you own works, use it. If not I bought an audiovox on ebay for less the $100 and it works fine.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The basic function of a cruise control is throttle control. If it works on a light truck, it should also work on a motor home.

I've installed several after market cruise controls on pickups, vans & RVs over the years, but never had one on motor home that had enough oomph to kick it down to second gear.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the good information looks like i will install the one i have. Besides it has to work better than the one already there,

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
My cruise control is my right foot.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
Just reading this it looks like I should bypass my cruise and just go after market. So, to fix my speedo cable I should just go straight from the tranny to the dash?

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post