Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pure sine wave inverter
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
I have been monitoring ebay for some time now looking at pure sine wave inverters. There is now a 1500/3000 watt for $200 and a 2000/4000 watt for $250. Now these are stand alone inverters but for my application that is fine.

Some of you may know that I am thinking about shipping the Barth to Europe for 2 or 3 years. To use it over there I have to deal with 50/60 cycle electricity at 240 vac. Xantrax now offers a 40 amp battery charger with universal input voltage (95-260 50/60 cycle). This means I can plug in anywhere in the world.

So anyway my plans are to have a full time inverter. This means all 120vac stuff will run off the inverter all the time. The exception will be the a/c which will require the generator.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I would think you'd want to use a step down transformer, thereby leaving all the factory stuff alone. Here's a great article on some people that did it.

They also bring up some other very valuable considerations due to size of most Barths. I'm adventurous, but I think I'd rather rent an RV in Europe rather than swim upstream on this one.

http://www.ourtravelswithrover...n_rv_for_europe.html

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
Xantrax now offers a...........

Have you talked to Xantrax customer service lately?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post