Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Another TV installation
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Carl Flack emailed me some pictures of the installation he did on his Breakaway.

Nice job, Carl.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
I think I'm too tall for this style of mount...I'd be bonkin the ole nokkin comin in and out front entry on my coach...

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Nick: Thank you for posting my photos(someday I'll learn to do this). To clarify the last photo, I lift the lever on the bottom and the TV locks back into the cabinet. I still have to cut and router two pieces of oak molding to fill in the top and bottom spaces...........

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Carl, Does that particular mount allow you to tilt the TV down so that when you are sitting you don't see a darker screen?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Doug Z: Yes it does.. My original installation(the box cabinet) was mounted on a downward angle for good viewing. The bracket is a true 90 degrees. The horizonal bar slides forward/backward
(in & out)on ball bearings . The face plate you screw the TV to also allows an additional 10 degrees tipping. Since I was mounting the 90 degree bracket on a tilted surface it is a perfect viewing angle.The bracket is mfg'ed by
Mor/ryde(old axel co)It's a bit pricey. I passed it up last year at an RV show, looked all year for a bracket but could not find any thing close.
This year's show did it, bought one and it sure beats trying to construct a bracket.

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Carl. I'm going to look into that model.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Carl would that bracket work on 91 regency? I have 23" samsung to go in,if so looks like a fairly easy job for and old guy like me. you can just email if youwould like. at ltkklo@comcast .net thanks Lloyd

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Lloyd: I'll eMail two pages from Mor/ryre's catalog and two pages of the instruction sheet sheet that came with the bracket. Have to go to the storage yard and get the papers in "THE TOY" Will send later to day...................

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'

Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Lloyd: The eMail in your Profile would not accept my message to you. Please send correct address & phone # ............. carl.flack@comcast.net

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'

Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Carl Iam sorry I swithed to comcast but didn't like there system so went back to ltkklo@msn.com but never got around to switching it here.so the above address is correct. thanks Lloyd

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
my cell is 360-440 2931