Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Restoring / remodeling my barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just purchased my 1976 Barth 22m class C motor home at the beginning of this month. Has only 57,xxx original miles on the small block 350. I'm very excited to own this motor home. It was in somewhat rough shape, although the original woodwork and appliance seemed in good shape. The roof leaked, and some of the original plywood wall paneling was rotted out. The carpet, a hideous green that seemed water damaged also had to go. I ripped out the carpet, the walls, etc and took it down to the frame. Found the leak, sealed and re finished the roof, hung new insulation and cut all my wall panels. I also found a factory that makes 2-piece vinyl extrusions that are very hard to come by. (To hide the wall seams). Http://www.nudo.com is their site. At this point everything's cleaned up and I'm ready to rivet my walls in place, reframe the bathroom and closet, and hook my appliances back up. Should be done in about a week or so.

Posts: 5 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 07-29-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you are off to a good start.Send lots of pictures.The best of luck....Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Yes, please, pictures!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Send us a picture of your data tag Computer and I will request you a folder for your pictures. Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some pics of what it looked like before on another device. Somewhat difficult to upload on this site, but here is what I have so far. I'm trying to put everything back In the right place and it's proving difficult to work in such tight spaces, so I'm going at it slowly. Got some lights hooked up, stained the cabinet doors today and installing tomorrow.

Posts: 5 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 07-29-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and the barth the day I bought it.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That is quite a project! The exterior looks good. The interior will be great when you are done. A lot of work but you will be happy when it is done right and you can use it.

Hope to see you at a Barth GTG sometime. Lots of good folks and good times for all. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Data tag

posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thank you Champ for the data tag! Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Champsmitty, Got your data tag in the system. When you have photos to share please send them to:

barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com

From ordinary email as an attachment. Put your Barth Coach Number "1915" without the quotes in the subject line, and nothing else. Send no more than 5 photos at one time. Your photos will then appear on Photobucket, here The photos can be linked to any post. If you are not familiar with the linking procedure, send me a Private Message. I will get you hooked up. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers cheers

Kevin