Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wall material
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted
I am thinking of removing wallpaper in bath,what am I going to find underneath and can it be painted? There is a box of some sort behind the toilet,which is carpeted before I tear the carpet off, what am I going to find and can it be painted? Thank you.

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Shadow,

In my 1985 Regency, the box located on the floor behind the toilet, is made of thin panel type wood. The box hides the water lines going across the floor.
I took the carpeting off the box and floor and replaced it with stick on vinyl tile. They were easy to cut and place on the box and floor.
Don't rely on the adhesive from the stick-on tiles. You may have to use some type of tile glue, very lightly, as some stick-on tiles will pop up from the heat.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post