Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mag-Hytec differential cover
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Now that I'm at the Ohio Key Sunshine Resort and Barth spa, I started on my projects.

Mag-Hytec makes nice cast aluminum differential covers. They have increased fluid capacity, a magnetic drain plug, and a dip stick (also magnetic) The extra capacity is due to larger internal volume and higher fluid level.

I decided to replace my cover while in the process of inspecting the gears and replacing the fluid.

Chevrolet used several axles on their chassis. I found this chart helpful:

http://www.nationwideparts.com/differentials.htm

The covers are available from the factory but I got one cheaper from an Amazon link.

My axle is a Dana 70 with 4.56 to 1 ratio (axle tag on 7'oclock bolt)

Gears look good, clean the case and mating surface

Install cover and fill. Love that dip stick!

Capacity is almost 2 qts greater and fluid flows in axle tubes as well as the center differential.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nice upgrade. Cool

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post