Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front License Plate Mount
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
We have to have a front license plate in New Jersey (when are they ever going to catch up to the rest of the country?) so I searched for some answers on how to attach it to our Breakaway, since there are no mounting holes. I would rather stay away from tape or drilling into the bumper if I can. I like the Danny Z's response that he found a fold down step/front license plate holder. I don't know how that attaches or where to get one, but it may be a good way to go. Any ideas?
Thanks, Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
One source: jcwhitney.com
Item# 2X129398N

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Minnesota allso has a front license plate. It is currently in a drawer. It has been years since we have mounted one. However in MN we put them in the windshield just in case and as soon as we leave the state we put it away. This is only on our motor homes. But, we had one car the didn't have a front plate for years. If you don't get stopped for something else you will not have a problem.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
...aaahhh yes...

The Minnesota required front license plate.

I'm with Gary... Have not mounted mine yet either ...just keep-it on the dash in case I might need-it.

If you come-up with anything reasonable, please post.

I'm kinda against drilling holes myself, thus, the reason I have done "nothing" in the 2 years I have owned the vehicle.

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply folks. Unfortunately, here in Jersey the Barth has to go thru inspection and I stopped and talked with them today. They will not pass it without the tag attached. Therefore, I did what I really didn't want to do and drilled the front bumper. I drilled it very low and mounted the tag by the bottom holes. Therefore, if I ever get a chance to take it off it won't be as noticable. Oh well, on to other things to learn and fix....like the size of this photo on this site! Can't get back into my profile to edit it.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the photo is gone! Gotta see what happened to it????? Not only am I learning about our newly acquired Barth but also computers and sites like this. Time, it just takes time......
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen