Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

flexsteel power seats
 Login now/Join our community

posted
my 1996 22ft. has power flexsteel front seats. the drivers seat is easy to swivel to the side for camping use. the passengrer seat cannot swivel because the armrst hits the passeger side inside coach. my drivers side seat is 1 inch narrower than the passenger side seat.also the power switches are on the drivers left hand and the passengers on their right hand side.are the seats interchageable. seems convoluted buts any inputs. it seems to me i saw regals flexsteels with power switches facing e front engine cover?i. e. my seats are swopped?

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
They are probably interchangeable. I have Flexsteel seats, power on driver side only. I recently removed them while swapping the engine. Mine were mounted on a pedestal about 1 foot square. Bolt holes were same both sides, seats should interchange. Only 2 wires for power, not a big deal.

My controls are on driver's right, facing engine.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
My seats aren't power, but for a long time I thought the pass seat couldn't be turned around. Then I found that if I put it all the way back and turned it toward the window it would swing around toward the back. Totally different from the drivers seat, which goes forward and turns in like one would think.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi PATNPAT,

In our 97 Monarch, our passenger side flexsteel seat has a locking slide mechanism that allows the seat to move several inches front to back.

The passenger side arm rest hits and prevents swiveling unless the seat is in the front most position.

Does your Barth have a seat slide mechanism and if so is it blocked in both front and back positions?

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
PATNPAT; Our 1988 28 ft Regal has Flex-Steel power seats. Drivers controls on right Pass on left. The previous owner of yours may have changed them around due to ware? Both swing around nice. Grand kid think they are toys and have great fun with them. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think i will swop front seats. the present drivers seat is 6 inches to the wall while the passenger seat is 2 inches from wall.the drivers seat is 26 inches wide while the pass. side is 27 inches.swopping will gain me .5 inches. may be enough.see my dilemma?any more inputs,cheers patnpat

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post