Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Oil fill tube is now next to the dipstick
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Oil fill tube is now next to the dipstick
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Instead of checking the oil here in the back door and then going around to the side to add oil, I can now check and fill from here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got tired of my 4 ft long dipstick, with 3 ft tube to add oil!

When I did the engine work, I did like you and cut the filler off short. I now have to lift the doghouse to add oil, no problem really. Mechanic

Also replaced the dipstick "sword" with a standard short one (about 18 inches long) It seats better and gives me a more reliable oil level reading than the floppy old one. Thumbs Up

You got any more room in your barn? I can't work on Barth until I get to Florida, we still have over a foot of snow!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Kevin, I like your ambition and your penchant for going the extra mile!

Just thinking... maybe I could leave mine at your place for a few months, if you happened to get bored you'd still have plenty to work on and think about. I could leave you a list but you'd find plenty to do anyway! Thumbs Up ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
If I had my shop cleaned out we could let the Regal and Regency sleep together to make Baby Barths. Thumbs Up

That would be great.. we could use a few more trailers and a Class C or two to round out our membership! Tooling Along

Then again, would a high class DP like yours even look twice at my lowly GM gasser? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Is the new oil fill tube mounted to a cross pipe that is attached to the uprights on the coach body? If it is how do you expect to allow the movement of the engine on its mounts to have some flexibility so the pipe is not broken off? It seems to me that the fill tube cannot be rigidly mounted as the engine moves as a result of torque on its mounts while the body and uprights are rigid. Have you considered tapping into the slobber tube filter line to provide a place to add oil?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
You can check with NAPA for Gates or Goodyear fuel hose in many diameters. They will easily handle the heat and oil issues and come in many thicknesses and even some pre molded curves.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post