Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Head lights
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
When I bought the Barth last year, I started with the headlights flickering, etc, and they died eventually. I am aware of the mods that folks have made. I decided to start with a new dash switch and foot operated dimmer. Took both to NAPA. Someone had posted napa HL6554. Counterman said that the pins were on a different side and gave me a 82 Chevy C130 1 ton switch and that matched what I had (part HL6613). The dimmer is part number DS115. So, I removed the HR switch, noted the wire color codes and location on a piece of paper and reinstalled switch same. No head lights but I did have dash lights, etc. Will do the dimmer switch next.

Something that caught my attention is that on the diagram posted that shows an actual pic of the electrical blade connections on the HL switch, there is reference to a headlight hot 12 V lower right. Mine did not have that.

I also noted that the wires for the bottom two connectors for side marker lights and dash lights had overheated and burned off the insulation between them and were stuck teg. Had been that way for a good while as the wires had green on them.

Anyway, now I have to go figure out this missing 12v hot wire for the headlights.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I installed the new dimmer switch and now I have some bright headlights that work with the floor switch. YAAAHOOO.

Now on to the levelers. No power to them.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post