Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Colors from 1964/1965?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Colors from 1964/1965?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted
Our Barth travel trailer is titled as a 1965. I wasn't born yet. Would some of you old-timers please help me figure out what original colors would have been used for decorating purposes (appliances, curtains, cushions, bathroom, etc.) in 1965? Our stove, which I don't think is original, is ochra color. We have a stainless double sink and stainless range hood, but they don't look great. I don't know if they are original or not. I'm not a big stainless fan either. The refrigerator is covered in a brown, sticky fake wood vinyl. The bathroom has a pinkish/peach sink, white toilet (which we will eventually replace, but not before Milford), and white shower/bathtub with gold sailboat backsplash. Also, I tossed out the turquoise bed/cushion on the large pull out bed because it was so gross when we got it. I don't know if that was original either. It appears we do have the original light fixtures throughout and the original cabinets.

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Hi Sherrie

Be careful callin us oldtimers.....HA......I was young in the 64 era, however, I remember that "earth colors" were the hot item. I think it was in the 60's when colored appliances first started to make it's debut, I remember my Mom had a brown frig and stove (showed every single fingerprint), I think the "avocodo green" or the "harvest gold" did not appear in appliances till the late 60's into the 70's.

Bathrooms, if they were not white, were "flamingo pink" with black. "Turquoise" was also popular, along with I think they called it "peacock blue". Most of the bright colors had black integrated into it (ie tile work) or white. I think that late 60's and 70's they came out with "beige" as another porcelin color.

I think that the "flower power" and "Woodstock" era was around the same time. I recall lots of "bright" colors and BIG designs.

Hopefully some others will give you some more ideas here. These are some of the things that I can remember, I was really young then hmm

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There was a lot of Avacado, too

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
There is a webpage uglyhousephotos.com where you can click on 60s style decor. Not an oldtimer, but I believe woodpanelling and orange was hot too. Big patterns on curtains, simple but colorful. In the worst case: Flowerpower! Doris

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I remember a house we bought in 1960 had turquoise appliances & counter tops. Your bathroom sink & the cushion you threw out were probably original equipment.

White appliances & fixtures are never out of style, & the turquoise or blue Formica pattern shown on this website would probably be period correct for countertops.

www.kitchencritic.co.uk/.../re...tes_formicas_or.html -

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
My great aunts bathroom has almost pepto bismol pink tile,sink,toilet,tub,light pink formica & she has trimmed it out with chocolate brown. The house was built in early 60's. I'm just sayin'.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
As for "bus decor" our 1960 bus had a formica ceiling, white with little golden stars and "glitter", pinkish overhead compartments and the wall was kind of a plastic white with green speckled pattern. Stainless steel bathroom.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
StinkyDaddy, I think you will find some good ideas over at the 1960s Airstream picture forum.

http://www.airforums.com/photo...es.php?c=502&userid=

best regards,
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 525 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post