Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    New manifold gasket coming.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New manifold gasket coming.
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Finally found someone I know and trust to fix the mani leak. He's sending out the mani when he gets it off to be milled, and he's not worried about broken studs, he knows how do deal with it. He's also eliminating the heat riser while he's got it apart. It's been wired open as long as I've had the coach. It should go in next week, so I'll be ready for some spring camping and travels. Still doubtful but possible for New Orleans, but if the East Georgia campground is open in time for Memorial Day we'd make that one.
BTW, the leak is at the back of the mani where it attaches to the block. If the mani is cracked or anything, then headers are next.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Maybe after you get the manifold fixed you can get your phone fixed. ROTFLMAO We've been trying to get you to make some camping dates for Oscar Scher for this spring. Brother Dave is suppose to be coming down in March so we should get some dates set. Also I am going to reserve Memorial Day if it's not too late.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Memorial day also features the 3rd Annual UBRVRAPE GTG in Appling, GA.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
If you need some headers i have some thorleys

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard. I'll discuss that with my man when I see him, probably tuesday. Are you in Florida? I might be over that way for the 150's on the 17th.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just got home with the Euro. New Mani gasket, mani machined, [milled], new pipe fabbed to eliminate heat riser, nice and quiet, total bill $282. I didn't think this was out of line. Also got the other gasket for future use. [Came as a set].

79 Barth Classic

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
What did he say about vapor lock?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post