Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Upgrading to a larger bed?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Upgrading to a larger bed?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I'm new to the Barth "scene". I am currently looking for one to buy and possibly do some remodeling and upgrades to. I'm looking in the 25-28' range, but I really would like a queen sized bed if possible. I'm a big guy and with my wife a short twin bed is just not comfortable (especially when you can't hang over the sides!). If I find one with the rear corner shower, what are the chances of changing that to a smaller shower and growing the bed? Would a side-bathroom model (haven't seen a floorplan for this yet) allow a larger bed in the back?

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Anything is possible with a reciprocating saw, grinder and or a plasma cutter. There are other members who are BIG GUYS that drive smaller Barth Coaches. You would probably better off to get a coach to fit you without modification. Of course if you are good engineer you can make the Barth fit you.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can fabricate anything I need - I have a machine shop and full tig/mig capability. At the price point I'm hoping for some work will be mandatory anyways. I just haven't poked around one to see what is possible. I'm trying to keep it on the shorter side.

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadAndy:
I can fabricate anything I need - I have a machine shop and full tig/mig capability. At the price point I'm hoping for some work will be mandatory anyways. I just haven't poked around one to see what is possible. I'm trying to keep it on the shorter side.

THIS Barth is a little longer than you want. With all your equipment I am sure you would be happy with the head room! Put a bed in the back, it might even fit King size bed.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah my wife got a kick out of that. I should have mentioned that I have the tools and knowhow but not so much time!

posted Hide Post
No problem with time I have a lot of "10" year projects. Thumbs Up I solved the problem by adding a "0" to the projects. head bang I have got "100" year projects now. Superman Works for me. cheers
Kevin

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Fitting a Queen Bed, No problem just ask Dustyjeeper. Queen Bed

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...31087061/m/392100532

Both of my short Barths have queen beds.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post