Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Clock
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
I found this on eBay and thought it was too cool to pass up. The available clocks in our Regency are usually too hard to see. This should fit quite nicely over the dinette table.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&ss...0119458858&rd=1&rd=1

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill
My daughter who lives in Phoenix got me one for Father's Day. She also picked up two Barth Motor Co. water glasses that have a trailer, motorhome and slide-in on them. Must be from the late 60s or early 70s.
My dw had a golf shirt done with my name and "1990 Barth Regency" embroidered on it.
The clock's been on the wall in the bus since then and keeps perfect time!
Glad you got one too!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi Don,

I just noticed there are actually two versions of this clock, the other can be seen at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BARTH-S-Beer-Ale-Brewery-Wall-Clock...eZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I also got two of the glasses and they are on display in the cup holders for that awesome pull-out table that is curbside, at least in the Stagecoach.

I haven't gotten the shirt yet, I'll have to look around. I'll certainly need one or two of those!

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fergit the clock - get the BEER! Big Grin

I'd like one for mine, but being an astronomer, I need the very precise time afforded by my atomic clock...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
The clock will be the first thing I see upon opening the door to enter. Just in case one of us forgets, it will remind us to bring the beer.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Now there's a rational reason for the Barth (beer) clock! Big Grin

As for me, I can't imagine a scenario where I'd forget the beer...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

I'd like one for mine, but being an astronomer, I need the very precise time afforded by my atomic clock...

We need slightly less precision. Our Barth has a clock from Shadowman that tells us what day it is. That's really all we need to know.

Now............how do we get to try some of that beer?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Drive NE to Colorado Springs, CO and I'll have the beer ready!

You're right, there is too much precision when we're trying to get away from it all. But this clock has BARTH on it so it must be of high quality craftsmanship and it deserves a good home of that same quality. Okay, okay, I'll go have a beer but I will enjoy looking at it while I drink a beer even though the time won't be of great importance.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Quality? My clock has a Walmart sticker on the back and one of those generic Asian movements common to most other Walmart clocks.
I googled and searched for a Barth Brewery but no luck. There isn't one I could find.
But it does sound a bit Bavarian I guess. More so than Winnebagel Beer I guess!
Most important is it says "Barth" on it!
Don
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
But this clock has BARTH on it so it must be of high quality craftsmanship and it deserves a good home of that same quality.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Sheesh! All you guys braggin' about your clocks. I have two Dollar Store clocks, identical except one is pink, the other silver. One gains 5 minutes a day, the other doesn't work at all. Trouble is, I can never remember which is which.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
From an optimist's point of view, 50% of your clocks are exactly right twice a day!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
You all crack me up!

I know I can get many clocks cheaper than these but they won't say Barth on them. As far as Barth beer, I've never heard of it but who knows, they might have made this up when they saw me coming!

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
See Page 3 of this (right column) from Napa Valley, and this

And there are still Barths devoted to beer!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
BTW, note that one can order ANY brewery's name on this clock: See here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
After searching the internet, it appears there was Barth Beer in the US (Napa Valley as Rusty posted) and in Germany.

I've put in a request with the seller to see if they can put the Barth logo on the face of the clock to make it even more personalized. How cool would it be if the clock was available with either the World Globe w/ Barth design or one like the Barth emblem on the motorhome?

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle