Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Satelite antenna mounting
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Been awhile since posting, busy with racing activities and had hernia surgery last week, slowed me down abit!

A friend gave me an auto seeking satelite antenna so I decided to mount it as it will give my wife something to do when I am involved with the racing activities. I also had a water leak somewhere on the roof very near the A/C unit so it is a good time to fix that as well.

I did not get all the mounting hardware so I copied what the antenna mounting instructions showed. I cut some aluminum spacer and pre-drilled them, then, located the spacers properly to drill the roof! I installed 1/4-20 "riv-nuts" in the roof and securely mounted the plates.

Sealant around the plates:

Satelite antenna in place:

Now I just have to find a way to route the cables into the front area for control and signal cables and insure a water tight entry.

Did I mention water leak? Well, after I removed the front A/C, (really stuck rubber seal!) finding nothing obvious, removed the solar panel, GRRRRR- there it was, just like it came from the factory, not well caulked and---oh well, ceiling damage is done inside but at least this can be fixed to prevent further damage.

I saturated the area with caulking and I think it will be fine. I have let it set over night and may take some pictures this AM of the final process.

Now that I have 1 A/C unit off, I will take the rear off and exchange it to the front as the rear has been blowing much colder air, probably because it hasn't been used as much as the front, further, I have lost the dash air compressor (frozen) and until I get the dash air rebuilt, we will have to rely on the roof air for traveling comfort.

When I get time I will write up about the 3 stage alternator charging system I have added, has really given much higher battery charges that I need because of all the DC I use while doing the racing activities.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I removed the front ceiling light and snaked the cables forward. Had to drill through a wood piece.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
As always Ed, your work is above reproach!

Did you see the Brit that broke the lawn mower speed record? Want to go after that one? It looked like a barn door as far as aerodynamics. You, me, Bill and Rusty could easily build a mower to break the magic 100MPH barrier. I'm calling dibs on driver though! Hell, I've ridden rickety bikes up over 100 and once clocked over 170 on a GSXR1100. How do we get the rule book? I'm not kidding Tooling Along

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post