Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Pre-oiler system for Monarch 8.3 Cummins
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pre-oiler system for Monarch 8.3 Cummins
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Return line to the engine block with inline check valve.

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I do not have the power connected yet, but I wanted to test the system. I hotwired the pump for a few minutes to test and check for leaks. It primed itself and fed pressure to the engine, it works well.

The pump shows about 15 psi on the gauge. The pressure jumps up instantly when the engine starts. No more dry starts! Thumbs Up

So far I am very happy with the system. Still need to connect wires to run a switch forward to the driver. I will install a power relay near the pump.

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Will and way, looks great Steve! Nice to work on improvements rather than repairs, makes one feel like there is more than just the necessary in our world.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2054 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
This upgrade made my long wishful to do list - very impressive.

In the meantime, as a alternative, for engines that are idle for extended periods of time, can anyone suggest what can be done to mitigate the "dry" start-up wear?

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post