Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Some new paint on my Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
Technically I only recoated The driver and passenger doors (which needed a whole lot of sanding to get rid of the "Texas Department of Public Safety" on them, and the areas below the windows thru above the storidge compartments if you know what I mean. The rest of it just needed a good amount of elbow grease with Mothers cleaner wax.

snazzy Whelan Lights too! (the old ones were getting realy brittle and yellow

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snazzy Flemming Sales custom handle:

Other side (note the oil drips on driveway from my oil filter escapade)

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Where did you find those Whelan lights? Those are sharp.

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment! Smiler I manufacture and apply high performance industrial floor coating systems and one of my customers is the head of maintenance for a local ambulance place. They have these lights on almost all ambulances but most of the time they do not purchase the optional phlange kit (that is the chrome looking piece that surrounds the light). The light is of course d.c. and is model # 90e000z. They call it a "scene light" but it may be considered what they call a "gradient scene light" I like this new light because it spreads light evenly where the old lights would focus to a sharp light point about 30 foot away from the coach. I have got to say that the fit of the light (with the phlange) is perfect but it was not by my design...just total luck.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks very good. It's amazing what a little elbo grease can do for a coach.

Is this coach now exclusively being used as an RV? I've noticed, from the photos in your album, that the interior still looks commercial. Have you redone the interior too? Do you plan on redoing the interior?

My unit, was a former commercial unit too. With a little time, anything is possible.

What are the future plans for your Coach?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to start the project and Tina and I have been discussing this since before I found this Barth to purchase. I am going to finish the interior very much like what you would see in a vintage mahogony boat. She will have a whole lot of brass trimmings and the walls will be finished in mahogony. I will build a custom table for the dinette area with a compass like nautical theme and there will be a ships decanter perminantly stationed in the kitchen/dining area. I will keep the bathroom the same except I will be incorporating (very cleverly due to the lack of space)a shower. There are 100 more details but they may be subject to change so we all will have to wait and see but I believe it will be my perminent little hunk of paradise on wheels. This winter Tina and I are buying eachother an awning for the starbord side, and we want to be able to enclose it to keep mesquitos off of any future children (none yet...we are terrible breaders I guess...) With the paint and the awning done, I will have finished what I wanted for the first year. That is to have the outside looking like a proper Barth and the unit running and driving like a Barth. I insist on any pleasure craft being bought and paid for so I may have to wait untill next winter to finish the rest (i am not sure but I bet it will be a bit pricy).

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Hi,

We put an add-a-room onto our Barth this year. It was great. Kept the infamous Canadian mosquitos off of us this summer. Great investment.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
I am going to finish the interior very much like what you would see in a vintage mahogony boat. She will have a whole lot of brass trimmings and the walls will be finished in mahogony. I will build a custom table for the dinette area with a compass like nautical theme and there will be a ships decanter perminantly stationed in the kitchen/dining area...(i am not sure but I bet it will be a bit pricy).
Here is an interior from a Barth much like you described.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We put an add-a-room onto our Barth this year. It was great. Kept the infamous Canadian mosquitos off of us this summer. Great investment."
About how much do these guys go for installed? Also, is there a floor on these add a rooms? Also, how does the unit attatch to the bottom of your coach?

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I assume you're talking about a screen room. Mine is the Patty O'Room from AE. The floor is not included, I use a woven mat ground cover that is just a little bigger than the room. Keeps the room and the coach nice and clean. The screen can be covered on the inside by roll down canvas that hooks to the bottom by velcro to make a private weather proof enclosure. The bottom of the room is held down with stakes or weights. There is plenty of canvas left on the bottom so you roll it up as needed. A skirt is included to cover the space under the coach. A more detailed discussion is HERE
The room is available here
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/patty-oroom/22860d
Price depends on size. I have 18' and it cost me about $450 plus about 90 for the ground cover.
BTW, we love it!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats what I'm lookin for! Thanks Danny.