Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

wife wants me to add slide-out
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
Have a very comfortable 30ft. Breakaway. My wife likes everything except would like more room in couch area. I do not want to trade up to anything newer so want to think about adding a slide. I know, its radical, but I think do-able. I would probably look for a bedroom slide unit out of a wrecked MH and put the Barth skin on it in place of fg. Couch length is 6'and 5' high. I know you guys like to stay as original as possible and me too so this is a hard one: got to keep both wife and Barth so need to change something. Let me know if anyone has done or looked into adding a small slideout.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Much easier to talk about than do. Checked into doing one in the Newell. Prices ran from $35,000 to $150,000. On a new Prevost shell, slides added $250K each at one time.

Much more to it than just cutting a hole in the side. The whole frame work underneath needs to be rebuilt and reinforced. When we owned a bus conversion a few of the folks converting eagles did it, but they started with bare frame work.

Anyway it can be done. Make sure you really do your home work ahead of time, because if you do it wrong -

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add the front slides just move the couch further from the chairs and decrease the amount of storeage on the slide side. You do gain floor space.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
A link I found on our site from a few years ago.

http://customcraftedcoach.homestead.com/

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...521009061#9521009061

here is one from a quick Google search

http://busconversion101.com/slide_outs.htm

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
My memory isn't what it used to be but I recall something about a $ 1000.00 bonus to the first Barth owner to install a "slide out". I remember Dave Bower's post about a $ 17000.00 cost but my former Regal SE was not in the running...............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
got to keep both wife and Barth so need to change something

probably a difficult job, more difficult and equal cost to add slide.......change her mind!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I would think that a former commercial Barth would be the most likely host for this kind of a remodel. Interior would be ready for a start.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
But would would have a gas powered Barth Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Or how about a rear bed C class with an added fold out queen bed, sweet

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Since I backed into the house confusion when we returned from Nashville wack and effectively detached my nice cherry cabinets and rear wall from the structure, head bang I suggested to Helen that we make a rear wall slide.... ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.