Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Microwave quit
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Well, my microwave just quit after 26 years. Yes I did open it up and checked in for the ceramic fuse and I replaced it, but it pops the fuse each time you turn it on. It is a Sharp carousel II microwave. Looks like I will need to replace it. The only problem I have is to find one the exact size or close to it, to fit in the cavity. The microwave dimensions are 24.5" x 17.5" x 14" (LWH). Believe I will just replace it with a microwave since we never did used The convection and we have a gas oven. There are tons of microwaves on the market after looking for a few days and I do not want to buy a trim kit. Any ideas where I can find a microwave close to the above dimensions?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not want to buy a trim kit

A trim kit and a smaller microwave could be beneficial. A little more "breathing" room may be helpful. Check before you purchase any new oven to see if it can be installed in in enclosed space. There may be clearance requirements. Some new ovens are table top only. Some things for you to consider Fred.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine a few years ago and got a LG Model LMV1680BB. Fit the same opening as the Sharp unit and is a 1000 watt microwave unit. I think I got it at Home Depot. Mounting is a bit different but does fit exactly in the opening,

HTH

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Our old one quit in 2015. Liz found another one at Home Depot (had to order it) but it fit almost exactly. The bottom feet even fit in the shelf recessed holes. Look here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...333987487#1333987487

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
Fred & Cindy and All,

I was going through old posts and came across this one.
Fred & Cindy: do you still have the old one? If so, we are interested in acquiring it since Hubby wants to rebuild ours.
Limited budget prepping for retirement and relocation out of Indiana plus Hubby's mechanical handiness dictates our actions and plans.
Yes-we are Sharp Carousel junkies...I still have my 1981 MV house unit which we used everyday!
Anyway, let me know and we can go from there....Ours is a Sharp Carousel II Microwave Convection Oven Model #: R8300 Serial #: 09125...original in our '85 30' Regal.
Anyone else: jump in-all thoughts and etc are welcomed.

Thanks!

Posts: 77 | Location: IN | Member Since: 09-30-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, we threw it out in the trash a few weeks ago.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post