Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I have an assembly problem
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
Picked up the parts for the oil leak in the gear cover on of the front of the motor.The o ring on the gear cover is a improved style .Instead of just o ring it has a (I think)
some kind of nylon wear sleeve that goes over the crank shaft and is the proper diameter inside and out side. it goes on the crankshaft now about 1/2 way or should the nylon sleeve be on all the way first?
Then the o ring fits tight in both directions.Should I put the o ring in the gear cover first or on the nylon wear sleeve on all the way? then put the gasket and cover in place? or am I thinking wrong ? Do you understand what I am thinking? It is just a press fit nothing holding on but the fit.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You've got a seal with a wear ring...

Install it with the enclosed cup until it bottoms out - some require that you remove the lip, others do not. You'll need to read the directions or check with the supplier of the seal.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cummins no instructions . it is just a sleeve .do you mean remove the rust on the crank.then put it on? I will check with Cummins in the morning.Thanks.Let you know in the what I hear.
lennny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called cummins I am to leave it on as a unit and install it into the gear cover with a bead of Locktite then slip it on the crank after and sealer and gasket. thanks Bill
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Lennie, need a hand with this? What time will you be home from church Sunday? We could be down by noon or so with the coach if you can put us up for Sunday night.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Danny did you get my message and directions?

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Yep, Talk to you saturday and see you sunday.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well iwhat do you know !!! . The leak is gone,it was the gear cover and crank seal Most of the bolts on the gear cover were loose .New gasket, crank seal, and Locktyte. all you need is time.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B