Login now/Join our community

Picture of JoshS
posted
New flooring installed and done.

Before...

During.....

First Piece...

And After.....

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Very nice. We have a lot of talented people on this site.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That looks nice. Thumbs Up

My wife has been talking about new floor in the kitchen area, I will have to hide this post from her... Look what you may be getting me into!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of Cabinetguy
posted Hide Post
What an improvement. Love the doghouse and cockpit area. Any sub floor pre-prep. Are those peel and stick 12x12? I have to do the same to mine. Hate the carpet.

1998 29' widebody
454 Chevy chassis

Posts: 85 | Location: West Des Moines Iowa | Member Since: 10-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cabinetguy:
What an improvement. Love the doghouse and cockpit area. Any sub floor pre-prep. Are those peel and stick 12x12? I have to do the same to mine. Hate the carpet.

No floor prep at all other than vacuuming. The floor was in great shape. A small water spot around the sink/oven area but just a spot. No floor damage.
I used trafficmaster allure reslilent tile flooring from home depot. 12"x36" peices. They have a "grip lock" edge around the edges. Basically the blue strips your see in some of the pics is a sticky surface on the top facing down on two edges and on the bottom facing up on the other two edges and they just stick together.
It is a "floating floor" so a pretty easy install. Just a pain because all the cutting around the edges and corners. But I was able to cut with tin snips for weird corners and strait cuts just score with a razor knife and snap.

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If it's "floating", how did you attach it to the verticle surfaces? Looks great! Sometimes large improvements don't have to mean large checks.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
If it's "floating", how did you attach it to the verticle surfaces? Looks great!

Glue...actually liquid nails since that is what I had in the garage. But honesty I didn't really use much. The trim held it in place pretty good, and there might be a few nails through it in some spots from the trim. I tried not to hit it with nails though. You are supposed to leave a small gap around the edges for expansion and contraction.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Sometimes large improvements don't have to mean large checks.

I think the whole project including flooring (vinyl and carpet), trim, and stain for the trim cost around $200!!!!