Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dinette / Booth Seating
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
♦ I reduced the width of the booths to provide a wider aisle.
♦ I cut 8'' out of the of center booth frames. I welded the halves back together. I had the smaller frames upholstered.
♦ The Corian table was cut 8 inches shorter at the wall.
♦ The seating bases were cut down also accommodating the narrower cushions and floor heat mechanicals.
♦ The leg brace was removed and replaced with a wall support.
♦ The seating was spread apart three inches for my longer legs. This also helped with the mechanicals for the radiant floor heat.
It does not change into a bed. It will seat two people comfortably. Previously it would seat two on each side but the seating was cramped.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
I like the side access doors, rather than lifting the seats to get at the space inside. We are thinking of doing that in our C.

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lynnette and Ian,
The end (aisle side) side access doors are BaRTH factory original. The doors under the center did open originally, but I screwed them shut. The center access doors were not necessary with the shorter seat bases.
The "refrigerator side" (rear) booth seat does slide out and lift up for access to the radiant heat floor control valves. There also you will find a switch for the circulator pump that circulates the antifreeze through the 275 foot of copper tubing in the floor. The expansion tank is also under there. Built into the seat bases, are computer cooling fans to keep the air circulated under the both booth seats.
The domestic or fresh hot water circulates through the BaRTH for instant hot water at every faucet. The circulator pump and switch is under the kitchen sink.
The engine coolant is heating everything while the driving. Each system is through a heat exchanger.
Read about my "little" floor project here!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh, all my class C has under the booth seats are the tops of a wheel well and generator bay. Other than that there is the inverter and attendant wiring, and space.
This highlights the difference in complexity between the class As and the class Cs, and why the Cs are cheaper to fix/maintain (but maybe not as much fun, eh?).

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say both your "C" and my "A" are equally as fun. Your Class C will fit into smaller places than my Class A. The fun is all in what you make. I think we still have members full timing in Class C Barth vehicles.
We have a member in Denmark that has done a full frame off restoration of a class C.
I cannot compare with my basic steps and floor upgrade.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
I would say both your "C" and my "A" are equally as fun.

By "fun" I meant the extensive repairs and upgrades that some Barthmobile Class A owners undertake, and seem to enjoy. With my limited skills I am better off in my RV than underneath it Razzer