Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front End work
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of John C.
posted
Well, I get board if I stay on one project, to quote my uncle who is a great mechanic,
"anyone can start and finish one project, but it takes a real man to have 7 or 8 going on at the same time".

So with that said....

time to move on to the front end. Got the ol girl up on blocks so I can take a peak underneath.

the project for the front is.

1. Replace springs
2. Replace brake pads / resurface or replace rotors.
3. Replace front brake lines
4. repack front wheel bearings.

couple lug nuts where wet with grease it looked like so seals also, might have been brake fluid, but don't think so.

Pics

Ride height at front wheels

Wheel off, rotors don't look good

Old springs and shock

Will post more pics as I go, had to quit, getting blasted by the sun

John

Now in Progress.

Posts: 64 | Location: Penryn Ca | Member Since: 08-28-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
There's a very good primer that one of the Barthmobilers produced on P32 Alignment. It's about 25 printed pages. Bill N. might know if it's on a pdf file on the site. If not, send me your address and I'll send you a copy. It was very helpful to me when I redid my front end.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John C.
posted Hide Post
Fixed my weak front springs.

Just kidding

Here is a real pic

John

Now in Progress.

Posts: 64 | Location: Penryn Ca | Member Since: 08-28-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted Hide Post
you got me!!! I didn't scroll down all the way and almost hit my head on the moniter as I was making sure I saw what I thought I saw....tennis balls....wow! then I scrolled down. haha gorman

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If you look at the bottom of the pic you'll see Thereifixedit.com, a very funny, and sometimes scary, site that has been the source of some pix posted here in the past. The tennis balls were a hoot! ROTFLMAO

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John C.
posted Hide Post
there I fixed it is a great source of humor, also take a look at "the people of walmart" for some more laughs

John

Now in Progress.