Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Another picture because I messed up!!!!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Another picture because I messed up!!!!!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
Picture of Richard &  Lee
posted

This is the picture of waste tank.
Richard

Posts: 25 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Member Since: 07-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Did you use a mig? I'm toying with the idea of a spool for my miller.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
Picture of Richard &  Lee
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Yes it was tig wire fed go ahead and buy your spool. I rented a UHaul and attached it to my Jeep and picked up 2 sheets of 4 x 8 50 series aluminum and various tubings. I had it bent, there are no welds on the bottom. Took off the old one which was steel and followed the pattern for the holes and got sealer for the comode. The rest is history. This should last a while.

Prior to doing this we got quotes and they were for plastic tanks, the high $1600. All in all with the UHaul, buying the material and the labor, the cost came in under $700.

Richard

Posts: 25 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Member Since: 07-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post