Start A New Topic
Reply To This Topic
My wife and I have an 88 regal with the typical pink lenses. Pulled the lenses and found that the housing had some cracks. Made the decision to remove them and fix them up cause there are no similar replacements. I found out that the lights can't really be disassembled. Cut the wires and I'll just resolved them. Used a plastic welder to fill and seal cracks. I'm going to paint the insides of the housing silver to help with reflecting the light. Painted the lenses with vht red tint for tail lights. Then I'll probably finish painting the housings either black or metal Gray like the rest of our barth.
Back lit by flashlight
Housings after plastic welding. Bulbs melted quite a bit of the interior.
|OFFICIAL BARTH JUNKIE|
Nice job on those lenses!
I would strongly suggest this is the time to switch to LED lights. Brighter, lower current and they won't fry the housings.
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 300 hp
Keep in mind if you switch to LEDs you need to rewire your cruise control. I switched to LED headlights and some markers. I might change to LED in tail light but not brake lite.
'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
Cruise doesn't work. I did find some loose wires behind the driver light housing. I have switched out all the other lights except for the headlights to LED. For now just gonna finish these and reinstall. Still contemplating reriveting them or putting nutserts in and fasten them with screws/bolts.
All painted, now to rewire then to barth.
Wow!! Looks like a new one!! Great workmanship!!!
25 Ft Glassnose, 2792, 1982
Plain Jane Interior
Yep nice work
Remember to drop the pixels down to 768 please
Sorry I don't know how to adjust the pics to under that size.
Finished the lights. I didn't want to rivet the housing back on. Tried nutserts but they didn't work as I had hoped. Guess I'll just rivet them back and all done.
One weird thing I found was with the driver side light. Found that the outer light was wired directly to the inner light. Wires for the inner light were present and when tested had voltage. Removed the jumpers from the outer to inner lights and hooked up the old wires back to the light. Hopefully this will also solve the issue with cruise control being inoperable.
This is just with the headlights on at dusk.
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 2|