Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motion Windows
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
I've had a couple of questions about the windows on my 85 Regal so thought I'd post some new info."Motion Windows" is a trade name used by Peninsula Glass of Vancouver,Wa. (rvwindows.com.)
They have three other divisions as well. My windows were purchased in 1999 by the previous owner and are a 'series 2000' window with 'greylite 31' insulated glass. Each window has a pressure equalization button. This series has been replaced by the 'series 1800'. Peninsula manufactures all their windows but only installs them in their Washington plant. For those who are not close to Washington, they recommend that you buy them direct from Peninsula and have them installed by a local installer. They ship to installers all over the U.S. This method of purchase eliminates the mark up of the installer. They do not offer discounts to any installer. They will assist in determining sizes, etc.
I'm attempting to take a few pictures of mine showing the appearance in day and night but have not had much success yet. Suffice it to say that in daytime hours you can't see in but can see out and in night time you can only see in if there is a light on inside and then not very well.
Hope this is usefull. BTW, approx price of a 36 x 28 slider is around $400/$450.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
Great excuse ... er reason for a road trip!

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Suffice it to say that in daytime hours you can't see in but can see out and in night time you can only see in if there is a light on inside and then not very well.

That sounds like what we want. Are they reflective when viewed from the outside and tinted when seen from the inside? Are they coated or is the tint in the glass or what?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Bill, we have them in the bus. We are planning on coming to Q-site for a bus rally around the 18 or so. Would like to see you and Susan if you are going to be at the Barth Rangers GTG this year.

We got them at the factory and have been very happy with them. Got the darkest ones,...thought it might be hard to see out but it is no problem at all, but as stated it is hard to see in unless there is a light on,

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
We are planning on coming to Q-site for a bus rally around the 18 or so. Would like to see you and Susan if you are going to be at the Barth Rangers GTG this year.

Probably will miss the Barth rally. Too much stuff happening. Plan on getting back over to AZ later in the week. How long will you be in Q?

Same cell phone number.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Not sure Bill, maybe 4-5 days, then back down to Yuma. We have a new phone # Three 6 zero- 3 five 6- one 6 four 0. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post