Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Air horn pull lanyard
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Barth_Vader
posted
I wanted a big rig pull lanyard for my air horns but didn't really want to route the air lines through the cab so I went with an electric switch. Quick trip to Fry's for a switch that would work and a project box, home Depot for a pull chain and thread all tube for ceiling fans and some decorative nuts. Ran a wire to the air horn solenoid hot side up the driver side pillar tube using a fiberglass fish pole. Drilled a hole through the bottom of the cabinet and the interior false bottom of the cAbinet. Removed the screws inside the driver side cabinet, pulled false floor to access the wiring underneath and the wood piece hiding the speaker from the cabinet. Installed the thread all tube, wired from the hot on the driver map light to the hot side of the switch and the wire to the solenoid to the normally open post on the switch. Ran the wires through the hole in the cabinet bottom and buttoned it up. Works like a charm!

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Hey Barth Vader, If you would like to get rid of

you are welcome to use Bill NY's Photobucket account.
Instruction can be found Computer , click the computer emoji.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth_Vader
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post