Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Peeling paint
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted
I have a couple spots on the rear driver side of my barth were the paint's peeling. It started last year & keeps peeling more .
It is bare aluminium were it peeled . No primer can be seen.

1) Is there anything i can do to stop the peeling from getting worse ?

2) Sand down the edge's & clear coat ?

Thanks , Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's about all you can do. I don't think Barth ever used a primer or etched the shell. I have a few bubbles in the clear coat and some filial corrosion, but nothing major.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post