Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    The Remodel Begins On the 84 Royale
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Remodel Begins On the 84 Royale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
My 1923 Singer has never failed. Many tents, Flys and awnings. Took it in for tuning and was told it's a tailor machine. That said I had to make several boat cushions. Anyone needs it come on down and we'll get it out for you.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Do love insulation, none in my 82 Glasnose though because I am lazy, but maybe one day. The absolute best would be to hire a Urethane guy to come and spray foam the walls, then shave them back where needed. The next best is urethane foam board, closed cell if you can find it, open cell is ok. Just a bit behind that is poly styrene bead board. Some folks like fiberglass but not good in an RV it will pack due to bouncing on the road. Either way a lot of effort.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2049 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick&Emily
posted Hide Post
Wow, that carpet looks great!

Those curtains look stout too. I also bought an HD Singer thinking it was for heavy duty and discovered it wasn't quite. Honey dew is much more fitting! ROTFLMAO

Posts: 13 | Location: Athens, Georgia | Member Since: 09-10-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/20
Picture of Paul And Jaime
posted Hide Post
Been a minute since I posted about improvements. I started with this mess.

Posts: 155 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 10-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And ended up with this. This previous owner had added some gauges and never hooked them up and I had a double din stereo I wanted to use because of the two video inputs for front and rear cameras so I moved the heat and ac controls down and well this was the partial result. I have more gauges to mount beside the stereo like rpm and trans temp oh and vacuum gauge but at the present pace that will be next year. just kidding maybe this weekend. I still haven't made up my mind on if I am recovering the whole front of the cabin ( geesh what a job ) or I can convince myself the contrasting colors looks nice.

Posts: 155 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 10-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Wow!! looks like you loved it!! Nice job!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2049 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice job. The instrument panels on coaches are pretty scary. I have added gauges and moved things around on mine and it was a rat's nest. A couple dozen zipties helped a lot.

Good to see you playing with the coach again. Hoping Jaime is doing well. Keep us posted, take care.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5170 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Nice change. I see your other posts also. Moving pieces in a whole bunch of directions. Hope the wife is better. Keep us informed to your progress. Thanks

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.