Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Range and range hood Teflon Coating
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Range and range hood Teflon Coating
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
Hello Fellow Barth Junkies, I am stuck in my home during the currant Blizzard due to the Marshall Law imposed by our Gov. So I decided to make the Best of it and post the progress I have made on Three Times a Charm.

The 1st upgrade was the range and range hood.It was showing its age and didn't look that attractive.

O.K This is a learning curve for me with this new computer it's windows 8 so I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly.

so I am going to stop here and post to see if this is coming out right and if my pics are o.k.

If all is Good I will continue.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1st picture I posted is the range or stove top whichever you choose to call it, after I tried to clean it,I was able to git it clean but as you can see it came out blotchy, and I was not happy with it.

The range hood didn't look much better.

The range hood had a mud dauber nest on top of it causing it to rust.
I removed the fan, switch, and associated wiring, then sent it out to be recoated.

My Wife Johanny really likes it and it is so easy to clean.

If this post comes out right, I also have a lot of pictures of my motor upgrade I would like to share with you all.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did you use to remove the paint?

Posts: 27 | Location: Austin | Member Since: 01-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wasn't painted it was a poor grade stainless steel that started to rust.

I just cleaned it and gave it to the coater he bead blasted it and sprayed on the Teflon then baked it in his oven.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post
Where did you have the work done?? Is it like powder coating?

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Where did you have the work done?? Is it like powder coating?"

Moisheh, here on Long Island a town called Holbrook, the business name is Dynacoate, The process is similar to powder coating.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A