Tools
Reply To This Topic

LED tail light upgrade
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Huh, pretty advanced for the time..

Nick, got a pic of your rear light make-up? I'd like to see what that looks like.. Amber on top and red below.. (switched after looking at the pic below..Amber below, red up)

Come to think of it, maybe I should check my own coach ( when I get down to TX, that is..)

Maybe I have the same thing..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
This picture is in Nick's folder. His folder is LSU

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
thanks Kevin, that light config looks smaller ( vertical length) than mine..(posted earlier in this thread).. and looking at yours, also smaller than mine.. all lens dimensions seem same (length / width)

maybe mine wasn't stock..

I get the adage, no Barth was constructed the same but have a hard time considering that philosophy being extended to brake, backup and tail light configurations..

skeptic tank here..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe mine wasn't stock..

Barth used a variety of taillight fixtures.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Strange, sound's like they were buying a quantity of whatever was on sale at the time..

Whats next, variations in the Barth script logo..?

wait, don't tell me...

M/C-W

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I think most of the Breakaways had the taillights pictured below.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
thanks Nick, those are just like mine..

I'm going to start a new thread re: skirts with this picture..

M/C-W

posted Hide Post
jerry im new to site, do u still have the lights, i need a red lens, thanks jim rossi r99dutch@optonline.net

Posts: 1 | Location: Long island, n.y. | Member Since: 04-22-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Davis
posted Hide Post
I sent all of them to Rick Houck in TX. He's on the website. I'm sure he'd send one to you if he still has them.
Send him a PM.

Posts: 46 | Location: Sanford,NC | Member Since: 10-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Rossi:
jerry im new to site, do u still have the lights, i need a red lens, thanks jim rossi r99dutch@optonline.net

The upper and lower lenses are different, although can be interchanged with some trimming.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post