Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

air line
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
WELL I found an airline under the Barth looks like it came off the air drain on one of the tanks with 110 lbs of air in the tanks I think it can be used to fill the tires.will it have enough pressure to blow out the air filters or will it drop too fast?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
It's not a very large tank, so it drains-down fairly quickly, but with the diesel running, it's an infinite source of compressed air.

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info I guess I will clean and cap it for future use.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I am not really knowledgeable about air systems, but should their be a warning about now, about not being under a coach with air suspension with out it being adequately supported, in case of an air release of some sort?

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE WARNING .THE AIR LINE IS UNDER THE COACH BUT IS BOLTED TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE COACH JUST BELOW THE SUPPLY DOOR.AND CAN BE REACHED EASILY FROM THE OUTSIDE.
THANKS AGAIN LENNY

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Hi just joined but can answer your question, you can use airfrom syst. BUT you mustmakesure you get said air fom your dry tank first tank in syst. catches the oil and water from compersor dont whant that in your tires hope this helps..trump Big Grin

Posts: 14 | Location: n.c | Member Since: 04-30-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trump:
Hi just joined but can answer your question, you can use airfrom syst. BUT you mustmakesure you get said air fom your dry tank first tank in syst. catches the oil and water from compersor dont whant that in your tires hope this helps..trump Big Grin

Hopefully the air goes through a Dryer/filter before it goes to either tank. The air in either tank should be of the same quality.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Yepyou would think so but the syst. isset up like this . think about this the comp. has steelbraided air line first 3 ft to air dryer why its hot very hot air dryer stops most but not all water oil and as it gets older stopsless and less first tank in syst is the place that itstartsto cool and condence and then moove onto rest of syst. the airdryer is also a maint item and needs service on a reg time sorry about spelling ect . Big Grin i turn wrenchs for w/m maybe can share brake training man with some one that can post or copy it for every one later

Posts: 14 | Location: n.c | Member Since: 04-30-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post