Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Insulation above transmission
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of JoshS
posted
We replaced the carpet inside with vinyl a few years ago. I now notice that the floor above the transmission gets warm-hot. I got some foil faced fiber insulation to put above the transmission.

To attach it to the sheet metal that is above the transmission (the very bottom exterior of the floor) I was thinking I would spray some glue up there and stick it on and then rivet on a couple of 3/4"w x 1/8"thick aluminum strips.
My question is has anybody had the floors torn apart and know what is above the sheet metal (wood)?
I just hate drilling holes into things and not knowing what is behind it.

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Try this thread. Major body changes, shows roof, wall, and floor structure. Thumbs Up

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...061/m/1841085203/p/1

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
WOW what a project!!!! Thanks for the link

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve. I had forgotten about that fantastic conversion.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It's amazing what you can find in our archives! So many talented people, so many cool projects. mechanic

If you google RV topics you will often be directed to a barthmobile posting. Considering how many more SOB coaches exist, you would think we'd see more from W'Bago or other sites but it seems they don't post much technical stuff.

Outside users must be checking us, though. My 454HO thread is over 11,000 hits now. Considering our small site we get plenty of attention! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A lot of the things we do - upgrades and repairs - are generic enough to be useful on just about any brand. And folks like SteveVW produce great step-by-step how-tos.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post