Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

flooring
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted
has anyone used vinyl plank floating flooring in there motor home? these are the ones that glue to each other. thinking about doing entire lower section any thoughts?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
vinyl plank flooring should work well.
I would advise against laminates like Pergo.
They are inclined to buckle. In fact, it is almost inevitable if much water gets spilled on them and/or if the substrate gets wet. handled many homeowners claims for the damn stuff getting ruined.

"lower section"? golly, it doesn't look like a double decker hmm

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
I used a 12x36 glue strip vinyl tile...the name was Starlock....a little pricey but was quite thick and had a waterproof backing. I am really happy so far as it has withstood the spills and shower drippings very well. Another good thing is that for any reason you need to replace or lift the tile, you just apply a heat gun to the tabs and it is easily removed!

Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coaster48:
I used Starloc

Neil

Thank you for the rec. Here is a LINK. Keep us posted on how it is standing up.

I will look at it when our old girl gets the floor she needs.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
According to the literature Starloc is temperature sensitive (between 65 - 85 F) Can an RV be kept that constant? I think not. nono

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
I did the floors from the bedroom forward with Allure vinyl plank flooring from Home Depot. Snaps together so no glue and I cut all of it with extra large tin snips. A nice hardwood look to it.
Had to remove about a half million staples after ripping out the carpet!
Don
http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...061/m/3013918467/p/1

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Don yes, the staples and screws and washers holding the carpet were very abundant in my process,but was very happy to see 3/4plywood on the floor instead of strand board
The installation went very well using a heavy duty Olfa knife for scoring and snapping ....a scroll saw for notch cuts. I did this all in cool temps approx. 50 F
But using a heat gun to warm the adhesive tabs...it is a floating floor system.
We did have heavy use recently camping with my daughter and SIL,who had to use the shower facilities,....noticed excess water in the area and thought.oh.oh a water leak...what could it be...toilet,water pipe,.....???? After waiting it out I realized it was just an excess of water from stepping out to towel off outside the shower. With just the two of us,I had never noticed the same moisture on the floor!

So....Bill H. I did see some first hand wear and tear on the product...water....and still feel comfortable with my choice of product.....also it was the right color(slate) for the new decor. I will definitely update on the floor's condition as the wear and tear goes on! I will also get a pic uploaded soon!

Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
Did my floor with trafficmaster allure reslilent tile flooring. Below is a link with pics of what i did just a few months ago.
http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...723958277#7723958277

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post