Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tire pressure monitoring system
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted
Has anbody here had any experience with TPMS? If so would you have any recomendations or warnings about theese systems? Thanks in advance...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
I've got a system on my saturn hybrid that is like that and I get reports from Onstar telling me what my tire pressures should be and how much each tire is off....being here in Canada everything is in metric Smiler

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
My friend Deborah has one on her Airstream and I've had them on a Corvette and now in a BMW. The factory systems work very well as they are designed in, the aftermarket system of Deborahs' seems to have lots of issues.

The Corvette had the best system for me so far. It read each tire's exact pressure and warned if something were far from spec. The BMW just has a warning light, but no way to see exact pressures.

The aftermarket ones rely on applied sensors and a wireless interface up to a front control unit. An advantage with the aftermarket one is that the main control can be used on several vehicles.

My Barth has a very reliable tire pressure sensor called "The Thumper". A wooden handled lead tipped baton. It must have come new with my Monarch because there's a nifty little compartment made just for it in front of the passenger's feet.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Good for warding off intruders, too Mad.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I use the Pressure Pro System on the bus and car. Warns me if a tire starts losing air and i can check each tire as i go down the road if i want. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post