Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Mirror
 Login now/Join our community

posted
About two months ago, my business partner and I purchased a 1987 Barth to use for our production company (location still & video photo shoots). After some engine issues and major repairs on the roof, we gutted our Barth and built our own custom mobile production unit. After a 1500 mile journey, we parked it in a large vehicle lot here in New York City for three nights (we were too tired to bring it to its regular parking location in Connecticut)...

When we returned to pick up our baby, we found our mirror ripped off. Apparently, they felt it necessary to just drive through the mirror, rather than drive the other vehicle around it. Although, they were nice in that they used some miscellaneous wire to tie it to an antenna that happens to be above the mirror. (thanks!)

So now, I'm trying to find an original mirror for our poor Barth. We haven't rehabbed the outside of her yet, that's the next step, but really didn't want to have to take this step backwards in our rebuilding process.

I drove the 90 miles to its real parking spot yesterday without a driver side mirror. All those Left Hand Merges on I-95 from NYC to Connecticut were a bit tough to handle.

Anyone know of a place I can get the original mirror? or a replica? I really don't want to have to replace both mirrors to make them match. Although, this bill's on the parking garage.

Thanks in advance!

KMR

Posts: 1 | Location: New York, NY | Member Since: 06-11-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The mirrors were made by Velvac but I don't think you can get em new anymore.

The VMax™ Mirror Head

The second one down seems to be a pretty good match. I might be tempted to buy two of those to match up both sides.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post