Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lower Compartment Box
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
For the last few years I've been contemplating removing one of my 2 generators and making up a new storage compartment.

Yesterday I removed the passenger side generator.

I took some measurements and I am going to make up a lower pan to bolt or weld into place.

I will need to strip off the sound deadening material, grind down the rust, repaint the box walls and new pan, make up another door, reroute several electrical wires and make up a plug outlet, but this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Will post more photos and comments as the job progresses.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
That would be a great place to mount a SS tool box on a Joey tray.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is what I am envisioning. Cleaned up better than this, but you get the idea.

quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
That would be a great place to mount a SS tool box on a Joey tray.
My first thoughts were to remove the door from this and just mount this box in the opening.

TU823000 ~ 18h" x 24d" x 36w" ~ $375.00

The opening in the generator box is 21h" x 24d" x 36½w". Because, I have 21" of height to play with I'm doing a pan instead. I don't want to loose 3" of height. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
bill, If you leave the sound deadning and put in a slide with a rap around door. I think I'm seeing a beer cooler compartment for the races. you just have to figure weight loss with the generator and add that much beer and ice to your cooler. voila you are balanced.
scott cheers cheers

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post