Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

fuel mileage
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
17 miles in a motorhome ? im geting 50 miles to a gallon of diesel but the other 4 gallons is waste dino oil..

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Lenny,

It sounds like a hydrogen generator. There are plenty of them available on the internet and there is a local guy in North Port that sells them or if you wish make one from his instructions.
You can also go to Youtube.com and type in hydrogen generator and view many videos on the subject.

I have did some research on these devices and have found (if his is a good one) you may gain 1-3 mpg - did you notice MAY GAIN.

I tinkered with the idea for my Cherokee since it is a 4x4 it gets poor mileage in town. I would like to do a project of my own and see what happens.

True hydrogen run cars are very expensive, the design very complicated and have to be made in such a way to keep it from being dangerous. The tank holding the hydrogen is the danger part.

Hope this helps- be careful so the water doesn't freeze if you travel to cold areas.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Lenny...... I'm not rich but I bought Betty a golf cart to tool around in and I still can't get more than 10.2 MPG out of "THE TOY". Save your money and buy Judy a golf cart...................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Judy now has a golf cart and I do not have a generator
thanks guys
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post