Tools
Reply To This Topic

microwave/convection oven
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
Tere is thinking about installing a microwave/convection oven in the Regal. It doesn't have one currently, only a range hood with an exhaust fan. Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

J

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Tere is thinking about installing a microwave/convection oven in the Regal. It doesn't have one currently, only a range hood with an exhaust fan. Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

J

The one in my Regal is Kaput, could use the same info!! It is a Magic chef.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
Sharp carousel, I have had one in every motor home I ever owned, If it didn't come with it. I added it. Never disappointed.

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The Glassnose had no oven but it had a micro convection and we learned to do anything with it. First night frozen pizzas and Sunday morning biscuits all came out perfect, but it's a little faster than a regular oven. You won't regret it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Danny, what kind is yours?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Magic Chef.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Do these microwave/convection ovens vent to the ourside or like the one in our house, the inside? The range hood we have vents to the outside and Tere doesn't like that--can't close it off.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Clarification:

It's not that I don't like that it vents to the outside, it's that there is no open/close "door" on it. The outside vent cover is riveted to the outside of barth with about 12 rivets all around it. I had to take the entire vent hood out to get to the space from the inside (where there were wasp nests) that I couldn't get to otherwise. There was a makeshift screen in vent opening of vent hood to keep the bugs out but no door flap or baffle to close off air.

Warning:
This is me thinking out loud:
I'll probably put vent hood back in once I clean it up & paint it. We don't have a microwave which we may or may not add later. I prefer cooking outside than inside except for breakfast. I'm going to try to find a replacement insert with a baffle that I can operate from the inside or as Jim just said to me as I write, "the vent openings in the rv are probably enough to vent the odors from the cooking", great idea! One less thing for me to hunt for. YAY!!

Headed out to tape off mirrors then bead blast what I can in prep for paint.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the Regal Magic Chef would work fine except the push button pad only works for the 6 and one other button forgot what it is,,,oh well old brain!!! it does vent inside too!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
My wife always wanted a gas oven in the Breakaway until last trip I fired up the generator and pulled out the instructions for our28 year old Sharp convection oven and we proceeded to cook a turkey in 38 minutes.
I’m replacing it now with a GE advantium oven. Venting is optional.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
We bought an air fryer convection oven combo that we keep in the closet until needed . It's nice that it's portable , when possible I put it outside to keep the heat down inside the coach . We don't use a microwave , mostly cook with cast iron , the oven and an instant pot.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Harold, been curious about those oven fryers for the house, your post convinced me to get one.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
https://www.walmart.com/ip/749073230

We have this one . There is a learning curve , but we really like it .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post