Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Back-up camera
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted
Hello, I am looking at installing a back-up camera system so I can monitor whatever I am towing. I found this one on ebay and seems to be a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-COLOR-REAR-VIEW-BACKUP...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have advice or recommendations on an inexpensive system.

Niel.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I have used them for years, but do not consider them backup cameras, but instead a toad monitor.

Lack of this monitor is a sign of true faith. Nothing like driving for hours on an overcast day or at night and assuming your toad is still back there all happy and smiling. I did that for a long time, but finally lost my faith and aquired a towed monitor.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1186 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
well i like my toad camera first time i used it i had to get out and look at my jeep. on the monitor it looked like the wheels were off the ground and ready to tilt over when i went around turns .. my wife asked what i was doing ..so i showed her the monitor she went back and checked with me....hahaha

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post