Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front window small ding
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
I came home last week from my first long trip. My 97 Barth ran well with a few small issues that I'm working on.
As I cleaned her up and was washing the front windows I noticed a very small ding in the glass.
I'm worried it might start to run and become a big crack in the entire window.
After reading all the horror stories of replacing a full glass window I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on how to treat this small ding to avoid a bigger problem in the future.
I also have a cracked filter at the shurflow water pump. I think I can handle this replacement and the old post from Mwrech were very helpful.
Thanks in advance for any ideas about the window.
We are so happy with our Barth and now we can travel with our small dogs, just like everyone at the campground

Posts: 85 | Location: Athens ga | Member Since: 07-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Hank: Had the same experience. Called Safelite (OK'd by insur. co.). No charge to me. Tech came to my home and when preping the small hole the diamond tipped tool caused the windshield to crack. Safelite replaced my glass and was very apologetic........ALL FREE....................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
If it is just a rock chip, or it is round it won't spread, if it has any lines coming out of it could crack further. If your going to have it fixed Put a piece of scotch tape on it until you do. That will keep dirt and water out of it.

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post